He works in acrylics and she works in oils. Their joint exhibition at the Clayton Center runs through the month of August.
CLICK HERE to see a video interview with last month’s artist, Benita VanWinkle, from the July reception at the Clayton Center. CLICK HERE to see video interviews with artists who have exhibited at the Clayton Center.
CLICK HERE if you are new to Clayton and want to learn about our town.
MILLSTOCK’15 brings a throngA local crowd turned out June 6 for artists and music in downtown Clayton.
Main Street was closed for the event – from Smith to Barbour Street – and 48 artists were selling their work.
Bombadil headlined the music lineup. Other bands/musicians include Paleface, Rebekah Todd, and Bruce Naegelen. The stage was be at Horne Square, in the center of downtown.Millstock’15 also included:
* Chalk It Up, a sidewalk chalk art contest for both adults and children, free to enter & cash prizes offered
* Pint-Sized Picassos, a free children’s drawing booth, sponsored by the Woman’s Club of Clayton, where kids can create their own watercolor art
* The Clayton Community and Farmers’ Market
* Food trucks
* Locally made beers from Deep River Brewery
* Live performance art by Cirque de Vol Studios.
‘Paint the Town reception’
Clayton Visual Arts is a nonprofit, 501-c-3 corporation dedicated to bringing art to Clayton. It is supported in part by the Town of Clayton Cultural Arts Foundation.