The 2018 Call to Artist Registration has Expired. Please check back in Fall 2018 for 2019’s Call to Artist registration information!
Selected artists will notified in early December. Beginning February at The Clayton Center in Clayton, N.C., original artwork will be exhibited in any 2-dimensional media.
Interested artists or artist-groups are invited to apply for a show by sending a resume, a portfolio of 4-6 images and a non-refundable application fee of $10 to the Exhibits Committee. Submissions may be photographs, preferably submitted in .jpg format by email, .jpgs on a CD, or images on a specified website. Each image should show a single piece of art with minimal background. We recommend images be taken with a high quality camera with the longest side of about 2000 pixels. The images must be representative of the type of work the artist plans to exhibit.
All items (resume, portfolio of images, application, and fee) must reach the committee no later than 5 p.m. Wednesday, November 15th, 2017. Learn More Below.
What To Expect…
Exhibits usually consist of 30 – 40 total pieces and are scheduled by calendar months.
Shows may be 1 person, 2 persons or more and the number of pieces for each artist will be determined by the Exhibits Committee. The shows hang in the main lobby of The Clayton Center, 111 E. Second St., and are free and open to the public daily during business hours.
Completed and submit the online entry form below then make payment using PayPal.
A printable version of the application can be downloaded here or below. Mail completed entry form and check to:
Clayton Visual Arts Exhibits Committee
PO Box 698
Clayton, NC 27528
- A portfolio of 4-6 images and a non-refundable application fee of $10 is required for entry.
- The non-refundable application fee of $10 must be received with the entry by the Exhibits Committee before the entry will be considered.
All items (resume, portfolio of images, application, and fee) must reach the committee no later than 5 p.m. Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
- In order to have a wide variety of exhibitors, we ask that artists skip two years between exhibits. This means that if you had a show with us in 2016, please wait until autumn of 2018 (next year) to apply for a show in 2019. If your show was in 2017, please wait until 2019 to apply for 2020.
- The non-refundable application fee of $10 must be received with the entry by the Exhibits Committee before the entry will be considered. Make checks/money orders payable to: Clayton Visual Arts, Inc.
- Please do not send cash. Selected applicants will be provided a contract detailing terms and conditions for exhibiting at the Clayton Center. A $35.00 exhibit fee ($25.00 for CVA members) is due at the time of execution of the contract. Selected applicants will be notified in early December 2017.
November 15th 5PM – Deadline for entry.
December – Selected applicants will be notified early December. Exhibit fees are due at this time.
February – Exhibitions begin at The Clayton Center.
- Visit the Clayton Visual Arts Facebook Page Here.
For questions & more information, Contact Us Here.