Call for artists – Paint The Town Art Competition
*** Registration is CLOSED!… Reception May 4rth! ***
Clayton, Johnston County, Triangle, and area artists are invited to compete for four awards totaling $1,000 in Clayton Visual Arts, Inc.’s “Paint the Town 2017” art competition.
This art competition was created in conjunction with CVA’s “Capture The Town” competition which is held on uneven years. “Paint the Town” will feature the talents of area artists as they capture Clayton, NC locations through art.
What To Expect…
* Registration is closed…Please join us at the May 4rth Reception!
- 1st Place: $700
- 2nd Place: $150
- 3rd Place: $100
- Honorable Mention: $50
Submit the completed online entry form below then submit payment using PayPal.
A printable version of the application can be downloaded here or below. Mail completed entry form and check to:
Clayton Visual Arts, Inc.
PO Box 698
Clayton, NC 27528
- One (1) or Two (2) entries: $35 ($25 for CVA members)
- Entries must be submitted or postmarked by April 24th, 2017
* Registration deadline April 24th. Deliver art by Monday, May 1, 11 am-1 pm & 4pm-6 pm, to Clayton Center, 111 E. 2nd St.
* CVA does not take a commission for sales from this exhibit. Artists are responsible for sales tax on works sold. Artwork not for sale should be marked NFS.
All work must be WIRED & ready to hang – NO EXCEPTIONS. Max weight 35 lbs.
* CVA is not responsible for damage to art entries.
- Media: Paintings and drawings ONLY in any full-color media and of any size. No photographs, no giclee.
- Artists do not have to be residents of Clayton and must be 18 or older.
- Entries must be ORIGINAL artwork only.
- Original art is defined as one-of-a-kind art, created by the artist’s hand and not to include copied subjects from other artists’ work.
- Entry fee $35 ($25 for Clayton Visual Arts members); for 1 or 2 entries.
- Entry deadline: 5 pm Monday, April 24, 2017 (form & fee in our hands).
- Deliver art: Monday, May 1, 11 am-1 pm & 4pm-6 pm, to Clayton Center, 111 E. 2nd St.
- All work must be WIRED & ready to hang – NO EXCEPTIONS. Max weight 35 lbs.
- Clayton Visual Arts reserves the right to disqualify any work whose content, in its judgment, does not meet generally accepted community standards of good taste.
- Clayton Visual Arts and The Clayton Center are not responsible for loss or damage of artwork. Artists should insure their work if they desire.
11. If you have questions about any requirements, call 919-550-0465.
- Photography will be judged by a panel from Clayton’s Town Council & representatives of the town administration.
The $700 award includes purchase of the artwork and purchase of all rights to make and sell art prints to support art programs of Clayton Visual Arts.
April 24th – Entry deadline: 5 pm Monday, April 24, 2017 (form & fee in our hands).
May 1st – Deliver artwork to The Clayton Center, 111 E. Second St, Clayton between 11am-1pm or 4pm-6pm.
May 4th – Free reception from 6:00pm – 7:30pm to announce winners and honor entrants.
Register Online Here!…
Register Through Email Or Postal Mail…
- Visit the Clayton Visual Arts Facebook Page Here.
For questions & more information, Contact Us Here.